The Smart-Builder team have attended glasstec in Düsseldorf five times now and they know their stuff when it comes to food! Want to know where to find the perfect bratwurst or bier at glasstec 2018? Read on...
Don't leave Germany without trying these delicacies:
- Bratwurst or Currywurst. Types of German sausage, usually made with pork.
- Schweinshaxe. Roasted pork knuckle (also known as a ham hock).
- Butterbretzel. A butter pretzel available at most bakeries — don't skimp on the butter!
- Weissbier. Wheat beer, originating from Bavaria.
- Sauerkraut. A distinctly German fermented cabbage, order it as a side dish to a traditional German meal.
Where to eat
Italian & Spanish
If you need a break from German food, head to Spanische Alley for Italian and Spanish cuisine.
Schneider-Wibbel-Gasse, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany (Maps)
For seafood, try Fischhaus. It's a well-known seafood restaurant in Düsseldorf and the chowder is particularly popular. There are plenty of restaurants on this street, you're sure to find one you like.
Berger Str. 3-7, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany (Maps)
Because sometimes you just want a taste of home! Head to Beef Brothers in Altstadt to get your burger fix, it's an easy, affordable option and the food is delicious.
Hunsrückenstraße 19, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany (Maps)
Where to drink
TIP: Often at beer halls in Düsseldorf, they will continuously put glasses of beer in front of you (updating a tally on your beer mat) as you finish them. Or before you finish them! If you really don’t want another, put your empty glass upside down in front of you.
We hope you'll find these recommendations helpful for glasstec 2018, Düsseldorf is a great city for food so you're sure to find something you like. If you find a great spot while you're over there, let us know! We'll be at stand A53 in Hall 10 — look for the giant owl, you can't miss it!